Saturday, July 2, 2011

Catch-up: Part 2

I just want to open here by sharing that after writing that last post, I discovered a draft of a post that I started back in Novemeber but never finished! So I just need to clear my name... that I didn't totally ignore the fact that I had a blog for the past 8 months... I just never finished what I started. Maybe that gains me a little credit for something???

Here's what I wrote (the perfect beginning to my October catch-up)...

October

Cuyler and I have been enjoying life and keeping super busy. Between my internship and school, and his online class and new full-time job, and our fun new callings of course, we're just happy when date night comes each week. So on that note, here highlights of a few exciting things that have happened in our life.

First off, in early October there was a huge storm in the Phoenix area. I was at work and Cuyler was at home when it hit. Just as I was leaving work the wind started blowing really hard and as I got in my car it started hailing. It was the most intense hail storm I've ever experienced. I was just sitting there in my car waiting to go home, while golf size hail balls slammed against my car. I was seriously scared one would just break through my windshield and hit me (fortunately that didn't happen, but I did end up with some major dents in my car). Anyway, just as the storm calmed down and I was about to head home, Cuyler called to tell me about the effects of the storm at our apartment. See for yourself...


It's kind of hard to tell but our apartment is in the upper left corner of the picture, the tree used to stand to the right of our apartment, but from the storm it uprooted and fell in front of our apartment, completely blocking the stairway up to our apartment. When I got home, I had to climb over the trunk of the tree and Cuyler helped me climb up and over the banister of the stairway just so I could get into our apartment.


That's me next to our front door :) What an adventure!

Well, that's all I had written so far back in Novemeber, so I'll continue from there. Another exciting thing that happened in October is we went to the Arizona State Fair. 



I have never been to a state fair in my life, and since it was so close, it only seemed appropriate that we go. We enjoyed watching the Hot Dog Pig Races, and especially enjoyed eating funnel cakes and drinking lemonade (yum!). Our favorite ride was the ferris wheel. They had like 5 different ferris wheels, and I'm pretty sure we rode them all :)


Another perk of going to the fair was they had free concerts in the evening. This particular evening we got to see Colbie Caillat in concert.



She was great live and we both really enjoyed it.

(us at the concert)

Of course with October comes Halloween. We didn't go trick-or-treating, but we did have a halloween party at church, and took full advantage of the opportunity to dress up. After many thrift stores, and much debate as to what we should be, this is what we came up with...


I was a cowgirl. I know it's not very original, but I had all the stuff so it was free ;)

And Cuyler was...


Can you tell? Who do you think?


Of course! As Cuyler put it that night when anyone would ask, "I'm Don Johnson from the hit 80's TV show Miami Vice!" A lot of people totally called it. He looked great. (He still begs me to let him wear the suit to church some sundays, but I haven't given in yet)  ;)


Other than that, I spent October in grad school and doing my internship at LDS Family Services (love it!), and Cuyler worked part time at JCPenny. At the end of October/beginning of Novemeber he got a job offer to work full time for our bishop's metal working fluids company. See Cuyler's November post for more details on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment